Pastry Chef, The Carnegie Club, Skibo Castle, Dornoch
Full Time, permanent
Salary:£30,957 – £36,537 inclusive of gratuities + service charge
We’re looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to join our team on a full-time basis.
You’ll create the confections that delight our member’s palates each time they visit Skibo, from the freshly baked pastries served at breakfast to the towers of treats presented at Afternoon Tea to the sophisticated desserts at dinner.
We always make seasonal events extra special at the Club, and your creations will play a part in that. From Simnel cake at Easter to spooky cupcakes at Halloween and festive macarons at Christmas, your work will bring a smile to our guests faces.
Our members love to celebrate at Skibo, so you might find yourself creating a bespoke cake for an intimate gathering, an ice cream bar for a birthday party, or working with your fellow chefs to deliver a wedding breakfast for 100 guests.
As one of our Pastry Chefs, you’ll learn the secrets of long-standing Skibo favourites but you’ll also help to develop new dishes, utilising your creativity and technical skill to ensure that the desserts on our seasonal menus are fresh, exciting and absolutely delicious.
Who we are looking for:
- You’re an experienced Pastry Chef who is passionate about what you do, taking pride in creating immaculately presented dishes of the highest standard.
- Chocolate and bakery experience is desirable.
- You’re willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through training and development.
- You’re friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking.
- You’re a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
What we can offer you:
- Share of gratuities and service charge see previous section for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £190 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- ‘Refer a friend’ bonus scheme
- Staff events
About Gratuities and Service Charge:
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
Closing Date For Applications: March 29, 2023