PCV Mechanic, Stagecoach, Thurso Depot
Full Time, £16.53 per hour
We are looking for experienced PCV mechanics / engineers / fitters to join our Thurso team.
- Typical annualised earnings of £38’860
- Guaranteed 45 minimum hours with overtime available
You’ll be one of 4 who maintains and repairs a modern and varied fleet of vehicles so our fantastic customers can travel safely and comfortably every day to healthcare and employment, to shopping and leisure, and to see friends and family.
Aside from the satisfaction of being a key worker in your community, there’s loads of reasons for you to join the Stagecoach Highland team…
- Great benefits including a generous company pension scheme, 28 days holiday, free travel for you and a companion, free financial education and affordable loans, and finally a range of money-saving opportunities including discounts on holidays and retail, cinema outings, dental insurance, vehicle breakdown cover and hotels and attractions
- Free travel for you and a companion on our buses – so on your days off you can be off shopping without worrying about parking the car, or heading off for a day in the city or by the seaside without worrying about the cost of fuel or parking
- Training – don’t worry if you’ve not worked on our vehicles before (or indeed buses!) as we’ll train you on everything you need to know, and you’ll be supported by a great team doing a great job
- Varied work – interestingly it’s not all depot-based work…you could well find yourself out and about dealing with vehicle issues on the road, so it won’t always be the same four walls you’re looking at. And as one of the UK’s leading transport operators we’re investing heavily in electric vehicles and depot infrastructure, so there’s plenty to keep you interested
- Plenty of job security from being a key worker at the heart of our communities, where we always need great people servicing our fleet of vehicles, be they Alexander Dennis, Volvo and Optare
- A safe environment – we provide boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe and protected, or having the right kit for the job
- UK-wide opportunities whereby if you’re moving out of choice or circumstance, as we run bus companies across the UK, you can transfer to a new location
- Career development through developing your technical skills on future hybrid and electric vehicles, and career progression to Technician, Master Technician, Engineering Manager and beyond – a good number of our Engineering Directors started their career with us as mechanics and fitters.
- Secondment opportunities to work elsewhere in the business – either on big events like Silverstone and Cheltenham Festival, or into our head office support functions
- An employee assistance programme to support health and wellbeing through a confidential service available 24 hours a day which provides specialist guidance and assistance on a range of personal and work-related issues, from dealing with stress and anxiety to managing financial, marital or legal issues. Face-to-face counselling sessions are also offered, alongside telephone and online support.
- A great working environment with loads of opportunity to make new friends from a bunch of great workmates, managers who work hard to create great places to work, and employee networks building inclusive environments for women, veterans, carers, multicultural and LGBTQ+ colleagues
The recruitment process is simple – you apply with your CV, we’ll have a good read then get you in for an interview and give you a tour of the depot, and that’s it!
There are a few of things we need from you:
- You need to have an engineering background with a vehicular focus – bus, HGV / LGV, truck, haulage, automotive, plant, rail, farm – if it moves, it’s good experience!
- You need to want to deliver high standards of engineering maintenance and repair
So if that’s you, and you like what we’re offering, then please apply!
Stagecoach workplace culture is one where everyone can be themselves and where all the differences our people bring to the business are celebrated. We welcome applications from all, irrespective of background, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, beliefs, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation or age.