The Chamber is looking to recruit a Talent Attraction/Recruitment Specialist for its Recruit North Highlands initiative. This is a new and exciting post which will see the successful candidate play a unique and pivotal role in attracting talent to the region.
This new role will develop and deliver a talent attraction strategy for the North Highlands which will include reshaping Recruit North Highlands and elevating the location’s desirability, employment opportunities and quality of life for individuals and families.
About Recruit North Highlands
Caithness Chamber of Commerce is an active business organisation with a proven track record of delivery and professionalism with over 230 members from sole traders to plcs.
It plays an active role in the socio-economic development and promotion of the area and is one of the partners of Focus North a partnership established to deliver transformational initiatives in the North of Mainland Scotland.
One of the Chamber’s areas of activity is Recruit North Highlands, a recruitment portal showcasing the North Highland region as a place to live, work, study, visit and invest.
KEY ROLE DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and deliver a talent attraction strategy for the North Highlands by developing the Recruit North Highlands initiative by:
- Developing the Recruit North Highlands brand and operations.
- Building relationships with key partners / employers to understand the regional jobs market, opportunities both current and future.
- Using employment websites, LinkedIn, social media platforms and networks to identify, engage with and attract potential talent to the region.
- Maintaining a database of potential talent for future opportunities.
- Working with any individual/family/couple who wishes to pursue opportunities in the region by helping with relocation advice.
- Increasing the visibility of all job opportunities in the region by maintaining relationships with organisations such as NRS Dounreay, NHS, The Highland Council and others.
- Building relationships with local employers, understanding the individual characteristics and nuances (i.e. culture, specialist markets, resource requirements).
- Supporting employers with their recruitment campaigns and processes.
- Exploring collaborative approaches to recruitment with employers such as joint promotion of linked opportunities, attracting families/couples.
- Attend career fairs events to sell the North Highland region and opportunities.
How to apply
Please send a full CV along with a brief as to why you are the best applicant for the post. The brief should be a maximum of 2 A4 sheets. Please ensure the brief shows evidence of the criteria in both the job and person specification.
CV and letter should be e-mailed to Trudy Morris, Chief Executive
Closing date is 5pm 16 February 2024