General Vacancies – Denchi, Thurso
Denchi is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Systems Engineer.
Denchi has been designing and manufacturing high reliability batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland, for over 20 years, and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and is planning to triple turnover in the next 3 – 5 years.
We’re looking for people to join the team at various levels, and therefore would create a role at the level that suits the successful candidate.
You don’t need to tick every box, but we are looking for:
- Lab environment experience
- Electronics / electrical / instrumentation experience
- Practical experience in a technical background
- Technical project management
- HNC, HND, Degree or time served apprenticeship in a technical field
We will provide training and development to support various career paths, which will help you succeed in:
- Taking part in and delivering battery design projects
- Acquiring knowledge in battery systems
- Understanding legislation on the development and installation of commercial battery storage systems
- Battery production
- Battery testing
- Battery management systems
- Battery system integration
- Use of design and test software applications and tools
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours and an early finish on Friday
- Pension Contribution
- Company sick pay
- Life Assurance – lump sum of three times the annual salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
The local area
The Highlands and Islands of Scotland offers some truly amazing lifestyle opportunities including:
- Stunning scenery featuring iconic mountains and flat rolling moorlands right on your doorstep.
- The world famous Royal Dornoch golf course.
- An internationally recognised surf spot around the Thurso East reef with beautiful beaches and bays, wildlife, hills, and big skies.
- Friendly thriving communities.
- Excellent local transport links to surrounding areas, including Inverness.
Each member of our team is encouraged by a working culture that offers empowerment, collaboration, and innovation to drive continuous improvement and outstanding engineered solutions.
If you join the team at Denchi you will be working and collaborating with exceptional people from a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds, many of whom are specialists in their specific area of expertise and are passionate about what they do.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion statement
Here at Denchi, our people are at the heart of what we do, which is why we are committed to being an employer that allows our staff to bring their true selves to work each day. We understand that diversity is a key to success and that what makes each of us different, strengthens us.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive working environment where all qualified applications are welcomed regardless of gender, race, religion, age, socio-economic background, disability, sexual or gender orientation. We value people for who they are and the contribution they make. We’re powering an inclusive future for all.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and may be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you have the skills, mindset, or experience for the job – even if you don’t match some of the items we’ve listed. Full training will be provided and we believe in hiring the whole person, not just what’s on your CV.
Applicants should email their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org