North Highland Initiative (NHI), a registered charity, has an opportunity for a full-time Administration Assistant to join our team in all areas of the organisation and support our Office and Finance Manager (OFM), who is based in Wick, Caithness.
NHI was established in 2005 as a direct result of His Royal Highness the Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay’s involvement in bringing together the farming community, local businesses, and the tourism industry to try to address some of the challenges facing rural communities in the far north of Scotland by creating a powerful regional identity for the area.
Today NHI operates across the counties of Caithness, Sutherland, and Ross & Cromarty. NHI continues to run a community awards scheme, funds local heritage projects and, with its wholly owned subsidiary North Highland Products LTD supports farms and farmers and with the part owned NC500 LTD supports and promotes the tourism and hospitality sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the administration of the NHI Community Funding Programme. This will include keeping the database up to date and in line with data protection regulations, liaising with the funding committee regarding applications, sending out award and review letters and processing payments for approval by the Finance Manager.
- Supporting the Community Funding Committee with the submission of all funding claims to ad from our cofunders.
- Responsible for the Administration and updating of the Farmer Members
- Responsible for management of the quarterly lamb premium payments. This includes the calculation of the payments, setting up payments for approval on the online banking system and sending premium letters out to all qualifying farmers.
- Preparation of the quarterly livestock reports for Board meetings.
- Supporting the OFM with the financial administration across all areas of the business.
- Managing existing business members of NC500 to continue retention of business membership.
- Assisting in digital platform administration duties.
- To assist with the monitoring of the company e-mail accounts.
- Responsible for the organisation of NHI, NHP and NC500 Board meetings. This will include arranging meeting dates and venues, the preparation of agendas, collating board papers and issuing papers to the Boards in advance of meetings.
- Responsible for the minutes and action logs of NHI, NHP and NC500 Board meetings.
- Working with our IT support service maintaining an electronic and hard copy (if required) filing system in line with data protection regulations.
- Office administration and support, as required, for Board members and consultants
- Any other duties as requested by line manager (OFM)
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent numeracy skills and use of finance packages such as Xero or SAGE, knowledge of Microsoft Office (or equivalent) is essential
- Good IT and presentation skills, including use of PowerPoint, Word, (or equivalent) and some knowledge of the G Suite would be helpful.
- Well organised and proactive individual able to demonstrate the ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise a varied workload is essential
- High degree of confidentiality
- Experience as an office administrator supporting a senior individual or busy team, or
- Experience supporting or working with finance or accounting team, or
- Experience working with community based or 3rd sector projects or organisations would be advantageous
The role will be for 40 hours per week
We will consider a flexible working arrangement where home working will be considered but regular meetings and working with the OFM will be required.
FTE Salary – £20,592 per annum
Please send your CV to email@example.com