Coach – Royal Dornoch Golf Club
Salary from £25,058 to £28,236 (These salaries under review with new pay award from April
Enjoy coaching? Like to work with young children new to the game all the way through to long time players who want to improve?
Then there is a full time role at Royal Dornoch for you.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hands on coach to work with our Head Teaching Pro to develop and deliver our Junior Vision alongside providing an excellent coaching service to our many adult members.
We are looking for an individual who can bring a commitment to the quality of coaching, learning and teaching we can deliver and provide an engaging and inspiring experience.
You will support the overall success of the Royal Dornoch Coaching Programme through the provision of first class one-to-one and group coaching using our own teaching facilities and golf courses. In addition, you will support the operational running of the golf operations assisting in areas such as the running of the pro shop and conducting custom fitting and repairs.
To be successful, we expect you to have a real passion for golf and a desire to share this, as well as the ability to plan, prepare and deliver creative and challenging coaching to all pupils. Previous experience in using innovative coaching methods, video analysis and Trackman would also be an advantage.
You must be able to demonstrate a performance focus, be highly organised and have the ability to work on your own initiative. This is a team delivery and you must be able to demonstrate a real commitment to collaborative working and delivering performance as part of a wider team environment.
The role is varied and you will be expected to operate flexibly to enable us to deliver the wider reaching programme of activity across the calendar year. This includes overnight stays, travelling to events and delivering the summer camp schedule.
This position would suit a level 2 assistant professional who wants to gain more experience as a coach while working their way through to be a fully qualified PGA professional.
What do you get from being part of the team at Royal Dornoch?
• A full time permanent job that guarantees your income all year round
• Annual pay rise to keep your salary in line with the economy
• Free membership of Royal Dornoch Golf Club which, amongst other benefits, gives you access to our Championship Course that is ranked 4th in the world
• Financial support to play in tournaments
• A pension scheme that club contributes the equivalent of over 5% of your salary too
• A share of the annual staff fund
• Free uniform so that always feel part of the team
• Free food while on duty
• Free staff social events
• 6 weeks holiday each year
• If you live outwith the area then you can access subsidised accommodation
What do we want in return?
As a member of the coaching and golf shop team you will be help in the smooth running of the adult and junior coaching programmes, golf shops, the golf operations and golf events (both club and Opens). As a member of the golf team you will be a key player in delivering the Junior Section Programme and the Vision of Royal Dornoch.
• In conjunction with, and under the direction of the PGA Head Teaching Professional, organise effective coaching for individuals and groups, ensuring that participants’ needs are identified, coaching sessions are planned and delivered to develop participants’ performance and the effectiveness of the sessions are evaluated and reviewed.
• To assist with organising and promoting junior golf.
• To deliver school/junior development courses that maximise student progress and enjoyment in the game.
• Lead and supervise any staff/volunteers that help with coaching.
• Ensure that all equipment provided is maintained to a suitable standard for use.
• Develop knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and examples of best practice in relation to the role.
• Take all reasonable care and attention for the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by relevant activities.
• Report any Health & Safety or Safeguarding concerns as required.
• Commit to the standards within the Royal Dornoch Child Wellbeing & Protection Policy.
• Assist where/when necessary in the running of the golf shop to include: opening, closing and reconciliation procedures; collect fees and payments; assist in organising and running events and tournaments; club repairs; retailing; stock control; specialist advice; ensuring shop is clean and tidy.
• Promoting the values and Vision of Royal Dornoch.
Salary from £25,058 to £28,236 (These salaries under review with new pay award from April 2023)
Informal enquiries regarding the above to Gary Dingwall, Head Teaching Pro, on email@example.com or +44 (0) 1862 811924Applications can be made by downloading the Job Application Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or Royal Dornoch Golf Club, Golf Road, Dornoch IV25 3LW