Vacancy: Electronics Engineer
Location: Thurso, North Highlands, Scotland
Denchi is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Systems Engineer.
Denchi has been designing and manufacturing high reliability batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland, for over 20 years, and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets.
Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and is planning to triple turnover in the next 3 – 5 years.
The primary role is to be the design lead on electrical and power design within the company. This role is positioned to deliver the technical design and engineering across a variety of renewable power and energy projects, specifically Battery Storage technologies. This will include developing projects from the conceptual phase through to the detailed design, specification, and ultimately supervision of the project delivery during commissioning, construction, and handover. There will be several projects underway at any one time and reporting on the progress of all live projects is required. The continuous development, improvement, and deployment of current processes and procedures is also a requirement.
You don’t need to tick every box, but ideally you will have/be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience within the Engineering, Renewables, Aerospace, Defence, Energy and/or Environmental sectors.
- A proven capability as a team leader or team member that has delivered projects, with a preference for experience in electrical engineering or Inverter technology projects.
- A strong capability to create designs at schematic level using industry-standard packages.
- A proven track record of being part of successful project teams from initiation to completion.
- A team player with the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Experience in dealing with multiple internal and external projects and stakeholders.
- Practical knowledge of customer test requirements planning.
- A proven ability to manage and mitigate risk at all stages in the project lifecycle.
- Strong written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a prerequisite.
- A focus and finish mentality.
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Experience and understanding of legislation on the development and installation of commercial Battery Storage Systems.
- Battery Management experience.
- Export/Import of power onto National Grid.
- Selection of high voltage and low voltage cables in energy storage systems.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours and an early finish on Friday.
- Pension contribution.
- Company sick pay – After one year of service, Denchi provides up to 8 weeks’ full pay.
- Life Assurance – lump sum of three times the annual salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- Employee assistance programme – for mental health, wellbeing and healthy living.
- Cycle scheme.
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Note:We’d love to hear from you if you think you have the skills, mindset, or experience for the job – even if you don’t match some of the items we’ve listed. Full training will be provided and we believe in hiring the whole person, not just what’s on your CV.
Applicants should email their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org