Vacancy: Electronics Test Engineer
Location: Thurso, North Highlands, Scotland
Denchi is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Systems Engineer.
Denchi has been designing and manufacturing high reliability batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland, for over 20 years, and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and is planning to triple turnover in the next 3 – 5 years.
The primary role is to be the design lead on electrical and power design within the company. This role is positioned to deliver the technical design and engineering across a variety of renewable power and energy projects, specifically Battery Storage technologies. This will include developing projects from the conceptual phase through to the detailed design, specification, and ultimately supervision of the project delivery during commissioning, construction, and handover. There will be several projects underway at any one time and reporting on the progress of all live projects is required. The continuous development, improvement, and deployment of current processes and procedures is also a requirement.
You don’t need to tick every box, but ideally you will have/be:
- An Honours degree in a relevant subject. A relevant Masters degree would be an advantage.
- Some experience of working in a team with mechanical, electronics, and software engineers.
- Good practical skills in the design, build and commissioning of custom test equipment.
- Fault-finding skills to support production, down to PCB component level.
- Competence in designing software for test equipment, using tools like LabVIEW, Test Stand, or C+.
- Ability to analyse problems and present solutions.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Able to build relationships with a range of internal customers.
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Experience in designing test equipment hardware for High-voltage, high-current, and/or high-power systems.
- Experience working on high-speed serial and parallel communication interfaces: Precision Analogue A/D and D/A convertors.
- Small signal analogue measurement techniques.
- Use of PLC’s and Micro-controllers.
- Experience in contributing to commercial analysis.
- Customer site and field-based working.
- Experience in business systems such as ISO9001 and other Quality Management tools/methods.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours and an early finish on Friday.
- Pension contribution.
- Company sick pay – After one year of service, Denchi provides up to 8 weeks’ full pay.
- Life Assurance – lump sum of three times the annual salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- Employee assistance programme – for mental health, wellbeing and healthy living.
- Cycle scheme.
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you have the skills, mindset, or experience for the job – even if you don’t match some of the items we’ve listed. Full training will be provided and we believe in hiring the whole person, not just what’s on your CV.
Applicants should email their CV with a covering letter to email@example.com