Head Chef – Highland Coast Hotels, Tongue
Salary up to £45K dependant on experience
Located in a sleepy Highlands village in one the most remote areas on world-renowned North Coast 500, Tongue Hotel is located towards the most northerly point of Scotland, in northern Sutherland. Built in the 1800s, Tongue Hotel is a former sporting lodge that still carries the same historic charm today. Overlooking the beautiful sea loch of Kyle, the rugged Ben Loyal and gentle Ben Hope jot out from the land above.
Originally owned by the Duke of Sutherland, the hotel boasts 19 unique bedrooms and many original features steeped in history, the hotel has a romantic, enchanting feel which delights and excites all who enter here.
Your working day can be very busy especially during the summer months but a great work/life balance is encouraged, and with the great outdoors at your feet, there a number of activities to enjoy during your downtime whether its hiking up the local mountains for breath taking views across northern Sutherland and Caithness or enjoy leisurely walks along the quiet shoreline. For more experiences you can enjoy trips into the nearby Durness or Thurso (famed for its surfing waves) and even the Isle of Orkney.
- As Head Chef you will lead, inspire and motivate your kitchen team to deliver a high-quality food offering in our Varrich Restaurant and Brass Tap Bar.
- You will take ownership of the kitchen and brigade, ensuring consistent delivery of high-quality dishes whilst monitoring guest insights, using feedback to drive a culture of improvement.
- Responsible for all aspects of menu planning, rota management, stock control, budget control as well as food hygiene and safety compliance.
- You will liaise with our central Chef Committee in regard to menu ideas, procurement and supplier performance.
- Beyond the first-class physical modelling of our hotels, we’re also investing in our people. Our vision has four key pillars; our people, our guests, our communities, and our environment, and what matters most to us is delivering an authentic experience of the Scottish Highlands to our guests. This can only happen with a strong team that shares our Vision.
- You will be self-disciplined, organised and an effective communicator with the confidence and leadership to inspire and motivate a team, with the ability to coach and give feedback to team members to improve performance.
- You will have an understanding of different communication styles, along with your own, with the ability to communicate with versatility at all levels.
- You will be passionate about delivering high quality, seasonal food with the willingness to challenge if standards aren’t meeting required levels.
- Good financial knowledge with the ability to manage costs in line with kitchen budgets.
- You will have experience in a similar role, ideally within a hotel environment, and have achieved the relevant Food Safety qualifications.
- Salary up to £45K dependant on experience
- Exclusive use staff accommodation
Company Benefits Inc
- Discount for you and your family and friends on accommodation, food and beverages
- Continuous Personal Development opportunities
- An additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday, we are big on celebrating YOU!
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme