Health and Social Care Practitioner (Housing Support) – Centred, Birchwood, Wick
Full Time/Part Time, Permanent
Salary – £20,475 – £22,620 (pro rata)
Centred is an innovative and forward-looking charity that supports people through mental ill health towards mental well-being across Highland. Our organisation receives excellent or very good grades for the standard of our care from the Care Inspectorate. This position is based with our Community Services Team in Caithness.
We are looking to recruit a Health and Social Care Practitioner to join our community services team in Caithness.
As a Health and Social Care Practitioner, you should embrace the philosophy of mental health recovery and person-centred working, maintaining a warm, supportive and caring atmosphere. You will be key in providing opportunities for the personal growth and development of our service users whilst maintaining respect and dignity and maximising their independence.
Our Health and Social Care Practitioner staff contribute to the successful support of people experiencing mental ill-health by:
- Establishing supportive relationships: Health and Social Care Practitioners develop relationships with all service users to help them improve their wellbeing, including improving their everyday living and social skills, as well as helping them express themselves.
- Working holistically: As part of a team, we enable and motivate service users to explore, identify and achieve their goals to move towards mental health recovery. Health and Social Care Practitioners are required to support senior members of staff in direct care and in emergencies, and also carry out any tasks allocated by the shift co-ordinator.
- Providing high-quality care: The Health and Social Care Practitioner will be expected to participate in delivering a high-quality service as part of a team to service users, and where appropriate, their families.
- Supporting rehabilitation: The Health and Social Care Practitioner will be expected to carry out their duties taking full account of the company’s objective to provide nursing and social care, support and rehabilitation, according to the individual’s needs. This will include supporting service users to take responsibility and control and to acquire the capacity to live in supported or unsupported accommodation, as appropriate.
What’s in it for you?
- Highly competitive starting salary starting from £20,475 – £21,489 pro-rata, and when qualified with SVQIII: £21,684 – £22,620
- Full or part-time hours
- Annual salary review
- Annual holiday allocation of 32 days including bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Fully funded training and personal development
- Health and wellness support paid for by the company
- Access your money as you earn it via our partners Hastee https://www.hastee.com/employees/
- Provision of mobile phones and any other IT hardware you require
- The support of experienced and highly qualified colleagues
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- The knowledge that you are contributing to the mental well-being of the local community
- On the job training and an investment in your talent
- A chance to climb the ladder within the company
Who we’re looking for:
We invest a lot in our employees, so we are looking for people who are truly interested in starting a long-term career with us.
We are looking for someone who:
- Understands the need for a clear commitment to service users and their carers in delivering a high-quality service that meets their needs.
- Is aware that their own values, attitudes and cultural assumptions will have an impact on others.
- Is aware that everyone has different feelings and values and is aware of the need to respect and acknowledge these at all times.
- Is willing to develop a good understanding of the concepts of mental health recovery
- Can adapt to the continually changing needs of the people they support, and their carers
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development of their own skills and knowledge and is willing to actively seek and take part in learning opportunities e.g. SVQ qualification.
- Can be adaptable within their role and shows initiative.
- Has good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Is flexible around service requirements, including flexibility with shift patterns.
Further details about the role can be provided upon request.
Make a difference and come and join our sector-leading charity.
Apply on our website or contact us for an application on 01463 236507.