NHS Highland have an exciting opportunity for either a Partnership or Salaried GP. The two surgeries in Castletown and Canisbay are enviably placed along the popular NC500 route. The surgeries are fortunate to enjoy close proximity to some of best beaches in the area, the historical Castle of Mey and between the two sites, have an abundance of lovely scenic stops, harbour villages and towns. The practice enjoys an excellent relationship with its patients to whom, the team are devoted – achieving a very high patient feedback satisfaction and a regular supply of treats for tea breaks!
This opportunity offers the best of both worlds for new or experienced GP’s – a truly rural experience with a highly effective and supportive team. There is easy access to the towns of Thurso and Wick where the main A&E hospital is based yet minutes away from the open countryside and seaside.
Caithness is in the process of a community redevelopment with significant investment and benefit for our patients. Exciting plans and opportunities exist for our practice to be part of this with the vision of structural redesign for both our sites whilst benefiting from the enhanced upgrades to local hospitals and proposed care hubs.
Located at two sites, the practices are both leased and dispensing. The practice has a fantastic team of 2 GP Partners, Salaried GP, Advanced Nurse Practitioner and triage system, 4 Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner and First Contact Physiotherapist. There are no nursing home commitments and they enjoy excellent links with the local Community District, Mental Health and Macmillan Nurses. The practice offers a very relaxed, welcoming ethos and value a learning environment for all.
- Part time or full time considered with relaxed and flexible patterns to suit
- Excellent work-life balance with the opportunity to enjoy beautiful family friendly surrounds
- Welcoming communities with a low crime rate, excellent housing opportunities, a choice of schools, local transport / airport links and new developed leisure facilities
- A growing practice list of approximately 3000 patients
- 15 minute appointments with very manageable workloads and low rates of house visit calls
- Weekly partner meetings, built in paperwork afternoons and catch up time
- No QOF in Scotland
- No out of hours commitments although opportunities exist locally if desired
- Two dispensing surgeries – fully trained dispensary staff and advanced technology systems
- Well re-numerated position for Partnership or salaried with above average earnings
- Medical defence, professional subscriptions and related fees paid through practice
- Teaching practice with the opportunity to develop own interests. Close links with NES if wishing to develop an interest in teaching/training.
- Vision and Docman
- Enthusiastic, friendly and welcoming team with a mix of experienced and younger staff
- Eight weeks paid annual and study leave with additional public holidays
- Contracts include Maternity and Paternity Pay and other benefits with a fair and equitable profit share for partners giving immediate parity and no buy-ins
- Golden hello / relocation packages with rural NHS Scotland funds available
This post would suit newly qualified or experienced practitioners with a flexible start date – vacancy available now but willing to wait for the right candidate.
If you would like to be part of a well supported, friendly team ready for developing exciting and innovative ways to embrace the changes in General Practice then please see their website for more information www.castletowncanisbaygp.co.uk
For an informal chat with one of our GP Partners Dr Wilma Macleod or Dr Craig Loughhead please call 01847 821205. To organise a visit or for further information please contact our Practice Manager Donna Chambers on 01847 821205 email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications: 31st December 2020
Find out more about highland life, read our blog entries.For details on how to apply, please sign up or log in