Police Constable AFO Firearms Instructor – The Civil Nuclear Constabulary, Dounreay
Full Time, Salary DOE
The ambition of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary is “to be recognised nationally and internationally as the United Kingdom’s leading organisation for the provision of armed policing protective services”. We play a key role in the Strategic Armed Policing Reserve and have been deployed across the country as part of Operation Temperer in response to terrorist attacks.
Our role in protecting the UKs national security is unique. This crucial role as a CNC National Firearms Instructor (NFI) will include supporting all aspects of firearms training delivery; the coaching of both tactical and range training; classroom-based training; designing training content; lesson preparation and AFO assessments.
You will support, develop and facilitate the coaching of firearms tactics and weapon handling to a broad range of officers. From those on Initial Firearms Courses, to experienced Firearms Officers completing refresher training and specialist courses.
We currently offer 3 x pathways for those interested in joining us as an NFI:
- Current and competent National Firearms Instructor from other Police Forces
- NFIs with experience in the delivery of firearms training within the last 30 months
- Serving Warranted AFO (CT) /ARV
FTU Scotland is based in the Far North of Scotland in Caithness, adjacent to the Dounreay Nuclear Site. It has an outdoor 50m modern range and also has a new Tactical Training Facility. Caithness is the most Northern County on mainland Scotland and has a small population of 24000. House prices are below UK averages and has some of the best beaches and scenery in Scotland. The Northern Lights are frequently seen from various sites in Caithness. Thurso one of the two main towns is famous for excellent surfing conditions and hold the UK Pro Surf Tour every October as well as the European Surfing Championships. If you like the outdoors and want to escape the City life it’s a great place to be. Both Thurso and Wick are on the famous NC 500 drive. Wick has a small airport with connections to Aberdeen and onwards and Inverness Airport has good connections. Finally as the song ‘Come over the Ord’ says “You will always be welcome in Caithness”.
If you are creative, a great team player and want to work in our fantastic new facility in the Lake District, complete the online application form or to find out more about this role, please visit www.cnc.jobs
As a CNC employee, you’ll also be entitled to our generous benefits package:
- Recognition of previous service for annual leave and salary
- Generous pension scheme (19.3% employer contribution)
- Enhanced family friendly and sickness policies
- Free parking
- Free access to first class gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Officers and Staff have the opportunity to join the national Blue Light Card scheme which offers discounts on a variety of products and services to those working in the emergency services, NHS and Armed Forces
Please only apply for one vacancy at any given time.
- You must have a full manual driving licence
- *Applicants must have satisfactorily completed their 2 year probationary period with current or previous force.