Vacancy: Project Manager
Location: Thurso, Caithness, Scotland
Denchi is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Systems Engineer.
Denchi has been designing and manufacturing high reliability batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland, for over 20 years, and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and is planning to triple turnover in the next 3 – 5 years.
The primary role is to be the focal point of project and resource management within Denchi covering specific new product introductions. Reporting into the Project Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The development of companywide project plans.
- Assigning and management of tasks.
- The accurate tracking and reporting of multiple project plans/resource requirements.
- The accurate tracking and reporting of financial metrics.
There will be several projects underway at any time and reporting on the progress of all live projects is required at senior management meetings. Continuous development, improvement, and deployment of current processes and procedures is also a requirement.
You don’t need to tick every box, but ideally you will have/be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience within the Engineering, Renewables, Aerospace, Defence, Energy and/or Environmental sectors.
- The ability to develop plans in conjunction with current capabilities, following them through from inception to completion.
- The ability to carry out gap analyses and recommend resource/capability adjustments as required.
- Proven experience in successfully running projects involving software and electromechanical products. Experience specifically in the development of battery storage systems is an advantage.
- The ability to manage external contractors/consultants alongside internal resources.
- Practical knowledge in various forms of project management methodology with significant experience in MS Project and task/resource management tools.
- A team player with the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Experience in dealing with multiple internal and external projects and stakeholders.
- Practical knowledge of customer test requirements planning.
- Practical knowledge of Stage Gate and Defence Project Management processes.
- Proven ability to manage and mitigate risk at all stages in the project lifecycle.
- A Focus and Finish mentality.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours and an early finish on Friday.
- Pension contribution.
- Company sick pay – After one year of service, Denchi provides up to 8 weeks’ full pay.
- Life Assurance – lump sum of three times the annual salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- Employee assistance programme – for mental health, wellbeing and healthy living.
- Cycle scheme.
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Note:We’d love to hear from you if you think you have the skills, mindset, or experience for the job – even if you don’t match some of the items we’ve listed. Full training will be provided and we believe in hiring the whole person, not just what’s on your CV.
Applicants should email their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org