Vacancy: C/C++ Software Engineer – Embedded
Location: Thurso, Caithness
Denchi is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Systems Engineer.
Denchi has been designing and manufacturing high reliability batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland, for over 20 years, and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and is planning to triple turnover in the next 3 – 5 years.
Your role as a Software Engineer will involve the design, implementation and testing of both embedded and application software. This will include the improvement of existing software and the development of new features and products.
You will be required to support a mixture of both R&D and product development tasks within the Software department of the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems. You should be keen to be involved in all development areas, you should have a proven track record in both problem solving and standards compliant, quality software development.
You will be required to follow all existing processes and working practices and encouraged to contribute to their improvement as they evolve. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team you will have good communication skills and a genuine passion for innovative technology. This opportunity will enable the successful candidate to gain knowledge of cutting-edge battery charging and management systems.
• Principally your role will be the design, implementation and test of both embedded and application software for our existing and new products.
• Ensure software reliability, standards, safety and security objectives are met.
• Delivery of both technical work and documentation.
• Work well as part of the team to deliver and maintain battery systems and modules.
• Be involved in the full product lifecycle including simulation, testing and bug fixing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the grade and level of the post.
• Actively participate and contribute to the improvement of the software department and its processes.
• You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
• Some travel within the UK may be required.
You don’t need to tick every box, but ideally you will have/be:
• A strong understanding of Embedded Realtime systems both bare metal and RTOS based.
• A working knowledge of common interfaces and protocols I2C, SMBus, SPI, etc.
• Experience meeting quality and safety standards MISRA 2012, DO-178C, static analysis etc
• Good understanding of the embedded development tool chain – debugging and problem solving.
• Strong version control discipline.
• A thorough understanding of circuit schematics
Other useful skills for this role:
• Experience with safety standards for example IEC 61508.
• Quality centric mindset with a test driven development approach.
• Experience developing with the FreeRTOS family.
• Testing and automation experience.
• Some knowledge of C#, Java or Python.
• Windows application development
• Good communication skills for internal and external technical discussions.
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you have the skills, mindset, or experience for the job – even if you don’t match some of the items we’ve listed. Full training will be provided and we believe in hiring the whole person, not just what’s on your CV.
Applicants should email their CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Apply now at https://denchigroup.com/careers