Sous Chef- The Tongue Hotel
Salary: £29,999 – £30,000 per year + benefits
Located in a sleepy Highlands village in one the most remote areas on world-renowned North Coast 500, Tongue Hotel is located towards the most northerly point of Scotland, in northern Sutherland. Built in the 1800s, Tongue Hotel is a former sporting lodge that still carries the same historic charm today. Overlooking the beautiful sea loch of Kyle, the rugged Ben Loyal and gentle Ben Hope jot out from the land above.
Originally owned by the Duke of Sutherland, the hotel boasts 19 unique bedrooms and many original features steeped in history, the hotel has a romantic, enchanting feel which delights and excites all who enter here.
The hotel is currently undergoing an £800k refurbishment, and due to reopen in Spring.
Your working day can be very busy especially during the summer months but a great work/life balance is encouraged, and with the great outdoors at your feet, there a number of activities to enjoy during your downtime whether its hiking up the local mountains for breath taking views across northern Sutherland and Caithness or enjoy leisurely walks along the quiet shoreline. For more experiences you can enjoy trips into the nearby Durness or Thurso (famed for its surfing waves) and even the Isle of Orkney.
Working under an exceptional Head Chef, this is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious, talented Sous Chef to learn and develop whilst really making a mark, being instrumental in creating what will become one of the most popular destination restaurants in the North Highlands.
You will assist in supervising your team and coordinating the delivery of high quality food, in a busy and fast paced kitchen environment. You will have enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge in the kitchen as well as the people around you.
Through our core values you will implement and maintain service standards; ensuring an authentic Highland hospitality experience for our guests.
Beyond the first-class physical modelling of our hotels, we’re also investing in our people. Our vision has four key pillars; our people, our guests, our communities, and our environment, and what matters most to us is delivering an authentic experience of the Scottish Highlands to our guests. This can only happen with a strong team that shares our Vision.
- You will be self-disciplined, organised and an effective communicator with the confidence and leadership to inspire and motivate a team alongside Head Chef.
- You will be passionate about delivering high quality, seasonal food with good knowledge & understanding of food, preparation techniques and food safety.
- You will have the confidence to support Head Chef by leading the team, actively demonstrating and promoting teamwork through effective communication.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally of two years within a hotel environment.
- Salary up to £30K dependant on experience + service charge + company benefits inc:
- Discount for you and your family and friends on accommodation, food and beverages
- Continuous Personal Development opportunities
- An additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday, we are big on celebrating YOU!
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
About Highland Coast Hotels
We are a collection of unique hotels located along the North Coast 500 with our people at the very heart of what we do. Spirit, warmth, authenticity, that’s what we look for. We encourage curiosity, energy, passion, and fun. Creating experiences that exhilarate and enlighten our guests as we showcase the very best in Highland Hospitality. It’s important to us that we nurture and develop our people to be the very best they can be. Training and career opportunities are on offer along with fabulous work locations, great rates of pay, flexible hours, and lots of other lovely perks. Find out more at highlandcoasthotels.com.