Student Voice Assistant – Highlands and Islands Students’ Association (Various Locations)
Hours: 21 per week – North Highland, 35 per week – Perth
Reporting to: Assistant Voice Manager
Department: Advocacy and Student Voice
Salary: £20,025 per annum pro rata
- Student Voice Assistant – North Highland, Thurso
- Student Voice Assistant – Perth
Main Purpose of Role
HISA is a membership-led organisation, and its primary purpose is to be the recognised representative of students to the University of the Highlands and Islands. To do this effectively, it is crucial that the student voice of our members is strong and heard by the institutions.
The main purpose of the Student Voice Assistant role is to facilitate and empower the student’s voice and engage with students, elected officers, and external stakeholders to further the improvement of the student experience.
The role will also be a key point of contact for HISA activities at the local Academic Partner, which is supported by our Regional teams and Assistant Voice Managers.
A successful candidate will be expected to work from one of the relevant campuses part of the week. This role is hybrid with home working & on-site at Perth (SVA Perth) or Thurso, Dornoch or Alness (SVA North Highland).
Student Voice and Student Engagement
- Work in partnership with the local UHI Academic Partner to support the activities, communications and running of the HISA Student Voice system.
- Supporting key student voice activities, including Student Voice system training and support, elections and gathering feedback from students within HISA and Academic Partner structures
- Being a key point of contact for students at the academic partner, encouraging them to get involved in their students’ association and extra-curricular activity
- Support the delivery of Students’ Association activities at the Academic Partner, including day-to-day engagement with students and running of key activities and events such as Freshers and Elections
- To support and help develop local clubs, societies, and activities at the academic partner
- Signposting students to the HISA Advice service or other support and guidance for any academic/pastoral issues
- Assist the induction and development of elected officers within the Academic Partner
- Assist in supporting the local elected officers in the operational running of events, campaigns, and activities and their day-to-day roles.
- Help prepare local officers for Board of Management meetings and other committees.
- Be a permanent point of contact and liaison between the local officers and the UHI Academic Partner, and through this build good relationships and promote partnership working with college staff
- Engage with contacts in the local communities as directed by the HISA Community Engagement Team
- Collaborative working with other HISA staff members as and when required for the development of the organization and key student engagement strategies
- Key administrative duties such as managing shared email inboxes, tracking local finances, generating reports, and keeping records for student voice rep engagement and meetings
- To adhere to all relevant HISA policies, procedures and governing documents at all times.
- To undertake appropriate training and development as required for the role.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the role, including supporting the organisation during periods of peak workload as and when required
- It may be necessary for the post-holder to work out of hours on occasion e.g. to cover events and extended office opening hours. A system of time off in lieu will operate to cover this.
- A degree of travel between campuses will be expected.
– 27 days of annual leave (pro rata)
– Bank Holidays & Christmas Closure days off
– Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay
– Flexible & hybrid working patterns
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
– CPD & training support opportunities
– paid travel & accommodation for events and in-person meetings
– Office HQ in Inverness
Please download the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form prior to clicking Apply!
Closing date for applications: 18/06/23
Perth W/C 27/06/23
North Highland W/C 03/07/23