Vacancy: Systems Engineer
Location: Thurso, Caithness / Remote
Denchi is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Systems Engineer.Denchi has been designing and manufacturing high reliability batteries from its base in Thurso,
Scotland, for over 20 years, and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and is planning to triple turnover in the next 3 – 5 years.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the primary role is to support the Chief Engineer in the requirements, specification and modelling phases of developing systems for the management, protection and charging of batteries ranging in size between Wh to MWh. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of product development from initial concept from design and R&D, through to verification and manufacture.
There is a requirement to participate in design reviews in accordance with Design Procedure for PCB layouts, schematics, software/firmware and mechanical project elements and to review the work of other engineers. This includes peer reviews of technical documentation (e.g. test procedures, review checklists, manufacturing instructions/drawings).
You don’t need to tick every box, but ideally you will have/be:
- 3-5 years’ experience in system level requirements definition and modelling, ideally on large battery storage systems.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Model Based Systems Engineering and Requirements Management using tools such as DOORS,
- Innoslate, SysML, LML etc.
- Experience in the allocation of the system level requirements to sub-systems based on the system architecture.
- Demonstratable experience in traceability and establishing verification methods of systems and safety engineering requirements and the application of IEC 61508.
- Ability to decompose system requirements into functional blocks and top level electronic/mechanical/software designs, producing relevant derived requirements and work package definitions to allow implementation on the design
- Honours degree in an engineering related subject (Masters preferred)
It would be advantageous if you had:
Experience in capturing battery design as system requirements.
Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional project team (including mechanical, software, electronics and qualification/test engineers.
Ability to support the implementation of system level requirements, integration of test activities, and verification of system requirements.
Member of INCOSE UK.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours and an early finish on Friday.
- Pension contribution.
- Company sick pay – After one year of service, Denchi provides up to 8 weeks’ full pay.
- Life Assurance – lump sum of three times the annual salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- Employee assistance programme – for mental health, wellbeing and healthy living.
- Cycle scheme.
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference.
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you have the skills, mindset, or experience for the job – even if you don’t match some of the items we’ve listed. Full training will be provided and we believe in hiring the whole person, not just what’s on your CV.
Applicants should email their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must sign in to apply for this position.